Salary circa £20k pa
The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) has been fighting for the rights of injured people since 1990. A not-for-profit campaign organisation, APIL’s 3,500 member lawyers (mainly solicitors, barristers and legal executives) are dedicated to protecting and enhancing access to justice, changing the law, and improving the services provided for victims of personal injury.
Over the years APIL has grown to become the leading, most respected organisation in this field, constantly working to promote and develop expertise in the practise of personal injury law, for the benefit of injured people.
To ensure that we have sufficient resource to continue providing the excellent customer service we are known for, we have recently created the role of Membership Services Administrator. The successful applicant will provide full administrative support to the membership services section, acting as a lynchpin between membership and training activities. Duties will include: assisting with the processing of renewals, arranging corporate monitoring visits, acting as a second responder to all public enquiries and updating the intranet and website. Other duties will include helping with the administration of conferences, sponsorship and exhibitions and with training events as required. This busy and varied role would suit someone with strong communication and organisation/planning skills; candidates should therefore be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A confident, self-motivated administrator with experience of working in a busy team
- Fast and accurate typist with a keen eye for detail; able to produce professionally laid out letters and reports
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office (OUTLOOK, WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT) and database packages
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to deal patiently, courteously and with empathy at all times
- Legal background or knowledge of the personal injury legal sector preferred
If this is the role for you please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing the reason for applying and an indication of your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org