Fantastic course with hours of content, quizzes and a comprehensive course pack!
"Just finished the Autumn PI update which I really enjoyed - and was very helpful - I do miss attendance in person but I had the 2 tea breaks and a short lunch so it felt I was on the course in person!"
APIL’s PI updates bring you all the very latest updates and caselaw and a generous helping of great tips and advice. There is so much content, they run twice a year – nothing is repeated!
It’s just what you have been waiting for to bring you bang up-to-date!
You can view Brett and John's review of the course by clicking here
This course is written and presented by expert practitioners, professional presenters and JPIL case digest editors, APIL immediate past president Brett Dixon, and APIL secretary John McQuater.
Oh, and don’t forget, you must certify to the SRA that you are competent. This course will equip you with everything you need.
- How duty of care works with emergency vehicles
- When is an insurer liable to compensate:
- To passengers in stolen vehicles?
- When a passenger has left a vehicle?
- Contributory negligence
- Causation arguments where multiple vehicles are involved in the injuries
- The latest on vicarious liability
- Supreme Court update
- How far does the doctrine extend beyond employment relationships?
- How close does the connection between the wrong and the work have to be?
- Regulations and res ipsa loquitur – a powerful combination?
Negligence, public and occupier’s liability update
- Assumption of duty
- Local authorities and police authorities
- To road users
- Duty of care and spectators at sports events
- When is a duty owed to a trespasser?
- Highways Act – when and how is a highway created?
- The latest CPR update
- COVID related issues
- QOCS – all you need to know about when it applies and when it might not
- Part 36 – the latest cases and trends
- Life expectancy evidence from experts
- Recording of medical evidence
- Fundamental dishonesty update
- Applications to rely on expert evidence
- On the indemnity basis – when might that happen?
- Changes in funding
- What happens when you underspend on a budget phase?
- Portal issues
- Dealing with multiple defendants
- Is the cap on budgeting costs VAT inclusive?
- Loss of earnings claims
- Dealing with cases involving particular vulnerability to psychiatric harm and pre-existing conditions
- The Supreme Court on surrogacy costs
- Interim payments where causation is disputed
- Swift v Carpenter update – where are we up to with accommodation claims?
- Dependency claims
- Changes to the level of bereavement damages
- Damages for Bereavement (Variation of Sum) (England and Wales) Order 2020
**Please note that registrations are for individual delegates only. Delegates will be sent a personal unique link and must not be shared.