CONTENT RELEASED - BRAND NEW MATERIAL
All the very latest on personal injury litigation and caselaw
"Always enjoy this course - brilliant update and great course material - thank you to the speakers - both brilliant"
AVAILABLE FROM 26 MARCH 2021
Our six monthly update is back for the Spring. Written and presented by top expert practitioners, professional presenters and JPIL case digest editors, APIL vice president Brett Dixon and APIL secretary John McQuater will teach you everything you need to know in their usual lively and entertaining way.
Course content is written right to the wire to ensure that nothing is missed. Areas and cases to be covered are as follows:
- Contributory negligence
- Pedestrians and headphones
- Road Traffic Act defences and drunkenness
- Motor Insurers Bureau
- Emanation of the state
- Does that matter post Brexit?
- Disposing of equipment
- How far and to whom might the disposer be responsible to?
- Practical jokes and vicarious liability
Negligence, public and occupier’s liability update
- Occupiers Liability Act
- Cricket and passers by
- Duty to warn
- Foreseeability and remoteness
- Falls from windows
- The latest from the Supreme Court on the illegality defence
- Package holidays
- Reliance on international standards where local standards are not clear
- Terms and conditions seeking to avoid a package scenario
- Secondary victims
- Hotel liability
- Responsibility for the actions of third parties
- The latest CPR updates
- Vulnerable witnesses and parties
- Understanding what the changes do and what they don’t yet do
- The costs implications
- When to consider vulnerability
- The next steps by the CPRC in relation to vulnerability
- Part 36 changes
- Costs amendments
- Emergency powers
- Whiplash – what is going on and when?
- By defendants
- Allegations and pleading requirements
- Surveillance evidence
- When is it harassment?
- Can the evidence be struck out if it is?
- Witnesses and memory
- S33 Limitation Act discretion
- Court fees and adding a party
- Client challenges to success fees
- The latest from the Court of Appeal on DBAs – does it help?
- Joint experts and costs orders – a sorry tale
- Issue based costs orders
- Guideline Hourly Rates
- Future loss of earnings claims
- Arguments about the impact of COVID
- Putting the claim together
- Accommodation claims update
- Foreign damages and interest
- Dealing with dividends
This course will also equip you with everything you need in order to certify to the SRA that you are competent.