Vicarious liability is often said to be on the move. It undoubtedly is, and the Supreme Court have been very active in this area.
On the 1st April the Supreme Court will hand down judgment in WM Morrison Supermarkets plc v Various Claimants and Barclays Bank plc v Various Claimants
This will give you the latest and must up to date understanding of how the quasi-employment and the sufficiently close connection tests work in the modern world. This is important in employers liability and many other types of cases.
After this webinar you will understand the latest on:
- The quasi-employment test and when a non-employer may be held to be vicariously liable
- The principles underpinning the introduction of vicarious liability
- The two elements to the sufficiently close connection test
- The nature of the work undertaken
- The need for a link to the wrongdoing complained of
- The remaining pitfalls in vicarious liability
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.