This webinar looks at the rules and guidance for litigators drafting witness statement.
It pays particular attention to the stark warning given in the statement of truth from 6th April onwards and provides guidance for those responsible for gathering evidence, drafting witness statements, and explaining the statement of truth in a time of social isolation.
- The mandatory requirements for witness statements and the consequences of non-compliance
- The ethical considerations of drafting witness statements
- Signature of the witness statement - will an e-signature suffice?
- Preparing the witness statement
- Protecting the witness from the lawyer
- Protecting the lawyer from the witness
- Witness statements and proportionality
- Where lawyers go badly wrong with witness evidence
- A checklist for taking a statement (again with particular emphasis on taking statements and explaining matters remotely)
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.