This brand new two-part series will bring you right up to date on the theory, law and practice in wrongful birth claims. Part two of this two webinar series will be presented by Lizanne Gumbel QC and Shahram Sharghy
This session can be watched as a stand-alone webinar, or alongside part two of the series - Wrongful birth claims: Theory, law and practice - The principles and the law: Claims for wrongful birth - A practical review.
This webinar will cover:
- Brief overview of the authorities
- Loss of earnings
- Court of Protection costs
- Recoverable special damages ‘cost of upbringing’
- Care and case management
- Parent claiming cost of gratuitous care
- Therapies, treatment, aids and equipment
- Interim payments
- Periodical Payment Orders (“PPOs”) and/or lump sums
- Does the court have jurisdiction to make an order for periodical payments in wrongful birth cases?
- If it does, what does the court have to take into account when making an order?
- Why would a claimant or a defendant want a PPO?
- Relationship with interim payments
- Private treatment v NHS treatment?
- Period of recoverability for future losses
Live or on-demand
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
We encourage all attendees to watch the webinar live - this gives people the opportunity to ask questions and participate in polls.
All people registered for the webinar will automatically be emailed details to view the online recording following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Recordings are available to view for up to six months.