020 7650 1226
Asbestos related diseases
Environment / pollution
Spinal cord injury
Trip or slip
About Daniel Easton
Daniel deals with complex personal injury claims, specialising in industrial disease claims and catastrophic injuries. He is joint head of the asbestos and mesothelioma team.
Daniel began to focus his practise exclusively on claimant personal injury claims whilst undertaking his training with Lawfords solicitors. Since joining Leigh Day in 2003 he has developed a particular interest in claims for industrial disease and catastrophic injuries. He became a partner at Leigh Day in 2008.
He is accepted as a senior litigator of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers. He has written numerous articles for journals and publications and regularly gives lectures at professional training courses. In the Legal 500 he is described as ‘outstandingly knowledgeable’ by the Bar, and ‘compassionate’ and ‘responsive’ by clients.
Asbestos and mesothelioma claims
Daniel specialises in industrial disease claims and is a recognised expert on asbestos disease cases. In July 2008 he was elected Secretary of APIL's Occupational Health Special Interest Group. He advises on the Asbestos Sub-Committee of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Occupational Safety and Health.
He regularly acts for claimants with limited life expectancies making urgent claims for compensation and has acted for numerous Australian ex pats who were exposed to asbestos when they previously worked in England. He acts for employees who have suffered psychiatric injuries arising from stress at work. Notable cases include:
- S v Circaprint Limited  - highest (then) award for pain and suffering in a mesothelioma claim and established award for loss of a husband's affection.
- Furphy v MoD  - award exceeding £1/4M for a former RAF sergeant who lost her career due to latex allergy.
- Graham Taylor  - £400,000 damages for Australian asbestosis sufferer (one of the highest value reported asbestosis claims)
- Terence Frith  – almost £300,000 for a former miner with pneumoconiosis and COPD whose claim was deemed 9 years ‘out of time’
Catastrophic injury claims
Daniel has developed a reputable practice acting for those suffering catastrophic life-changing injuries as a result of road traffic accidents and accidents at work. Notable cases include:
- Mr M – damages award of £2.5 million for 25 year old who was permanently confined to a wheelchair after being crushed under a JCB.
- Securing more than £2 million for a man whose leg was amputated after he was run over by a lorry
- Securing over £100,000 for people injured in the Vauxhall helicopter crash in 2013
- Mr A – substantial damages for a 67 year old worker who suffered a below knee leg amputation following a crushing injury in a paper factory
- Mr R – damages of £2.7 million plus annual ‘periodical’ payments for life for 23 year old who was rendered paraplegic at age 16 when knocked from his scooter. Lifetime damages could exceed £5 million.
- Obtaining substantial compensation for Rob whoe suffered a below the elbow amputation after an accident at work.
Daniel is a keen runner and completed the London Marathon in 2004 and 2008. Time permitting he enjoys surfing on the UK South Coast and in Devon.
What does this mean?
Fellow, Occupational disease specialist, Asbestos disease specialist
Spinal Injuries Association (SIA)
Request a callback
If you would like a call back from this APIL accredited lawyer, please complete this form and we will send your request to them.
25 St John's Lane
Tel: 020 7650 1226