About Peter Lorence
I am an Associate solicitor in the Serious Injury team, based in Irwin Mitchell's London office. I am also accredited as a Brain Injury Specialist and Senior Litigator with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
Since qualifying as a solicitor, I have supported clients who have sustained life-changing injuries, in particular advising clients about traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and multiple traumas. I also represent individuals' families and loved ones following fatal accidents, which includes attending inquests. As an experienced biker and cyclist myself, I lend that understanding to specialising in acting for clients who have been involved in motorcycle or cycling collisions.
I am passionate about securing my clients interim payments wherever possible, so that I can put in place the appropriate rehabilitation, care package and accommodation before the claim has concluded. My colleagues and I work to improve the quality of life for our clients, overcoming the impact of a serious injury as best we can. I also work to ensure that partners and family get the help that they need, as well as support and assist them through the process.
I am also experienced with cases regarding incidents in public places or the workplace, as well as domestic air crashes. I also have expertise in acting for victims of childhood sexual abuse.
- Having suffered a catastrophic brain injury, our client required 24 hour care and support. The case settled at a negotiation meeting for £10.2m.
- Our client was involved in a road traffic accident and suffered a spinal cord injury. The case settled at a negotiation meeting for £5m.
- Having been knocked off their bicycle, our client suffered a severe brain injury. Benefitting from a bespoke rehabilitation pack, our client was able to return to work and regain their quality of life. Their case settled for £600,000
- Our client suffered a catastrophic brain injury, leaving them in a minimally conscious state and requiring 24 hour care. The case settled for £2.75m
- Having been killed when riding their motorcycle, we represented the deceased’s family in their claim and secured a settlement of £150,000.
Request a callback
If you would like a call back from this APIL accredited lawyer, please complete this form and we will send your request to them.