Accident at work
Spinal cord injury
Trip or slip
About Amanda Stevens
Amanda has enjoyed a legal career spanning more than 25 years in which she has led clinical negligence and personal injury departments before joining Hudgell Solicitors and taking on the role of Chief Executive in 2017.
She is a specialist in complex, severe or long-lasting injury cases, such as acquired brain and spinal cord injury for both adults and children (including many cerebral palsy cases), fatalities, missed diagnosis claims and diabetic amputees.
Amanda is recognised across the claims sector for going above and beyond for her clients, having spent much time seeking law reform to ensure access to justice for injured people.
She is recognised as a tenacious litigator and was named Catastrophic Personal Injury Claims Lawyer of the year in 2019 but her dual focus on rehabilitation also brought an ‘Outstanding Individual Achievement Award’ at the 2016 Rehabilitation First Awards.
The leading Legal 500 legal guide has described Amanda as ‘in a class of her own’ and in 2019 said she is ‘exceptional, bright, knowledgeable, energetic and sympathetic with a wide list of contacts and the ability to mentor other practitioners to strive for the best client care.’ She has been referred to in High Court judgment as ‘being particularly impressive and experienced’. Amanda holds many memberships and appointments with industry bodies, such as the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, of which she is a past President.
Career, qualifications and memberships
- Past President and Fellow of the Assocation of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Specialist and assessor for APIL's specialist brain injury accreditation schemes
- Law Society Accredited clinical negligence member
- Law Society Accredited personal injury panel member
- Past Member of the Civil Procedure Rule sub-committee (CPRC) tasked with drafting court rules ( 2008-2015)
- Past Chair of the Project Steering Group overseeing the publication of the much revised 2015 Rehabilitation Code
- Member Advisory Council of Trust Mediation (not for profit dispute resolution service)
Request a callback
If you would like a call back from this APIL accredited lawyer, please complete this form and we will send your request to them.