Held in association with ACAL
"Always packed with great speakers relevant and knowledgeable"
APIL's 2020 annual abuse conference is taking place on a fully virtual platform in just two weeks' time and we are delighted to bring this packed programme directly to your homes and work spaces!
This BRAND NEW and innovative format will take place live on Friday, 13th November but delegates are also invited to view the event, on-demand, for six months after the live event.
**Please note that registrations are for individual delegates only. Delegates will be sent a personal unique link which must not be shared.
How the law and the law’s response to sexual abuse and rape has changed over the last 10 years
- Speaker: Harriet Wistrich, Founding Director, Centre for Women's Justice
What does justice mean to survivors of sexual violence
- Speaker: Dr Jessica Taylor, Founder and Owner, VictimFocus, London
CN: 1 year on
- Speaker: Sam Jacobs, Barrister, Doughty Street, London
- Speaker: Justin Levinson, Barrister, 1 Crown Office Row, London
How limitation is working in Scotland
- Speaker: Kim Leslie, Digby Brown LLP, Edinburgh
Self care and the risk of vicarious trauma when working in the field of sexual violence
- Speakers: Jocelyn Anderson, CEO, Purple Leaf, Birmingham
- Kerrie Best, Head of Operations, Purple Leaf, Birmingham
The impact of self-harm and scarring
- Speaker: Vanessa Jane Davies, Skin Camouflage Services, Harley Street, London
Understanding adverse childhood experiences
- Speaker: Ruth Whiteside, Children's Emotional Language and Thinking (CEL&T), Northumberland
Modern slavery and civil claims
- Speaker: James Robottom, Barrister, 7BR, London
Please see the full programme for further information and full details of our speakers.
The conference will be easily accessible to all attendees via the brand new APIL App and on your computers or laptops, via the browser version as follows:
- The full conference programme will be available to view live, with comfort breaks
- All sessions will be available to view on demand, at your convenience, for at least 6 months after the live event date.
- Conference materials and slides (that have been cleared by our speakers) will be provided in an electronic format, via the virtual platform
- Delegates will be given the opportunity to participate in a live Q&A session with all of the conference speakers at the end of each session
- Networking - you will be able to participate in interactive and engaging experiences through a new dynamic virtual conference platform with 1:1 chats and direct messaging with all attendees
*Programme, speaker and topics may be subject to change.