"A very helpful assessment of a complicated area of law."
This webinar will provide training on claims following stillbirth.
This is a niche topic but one that commonly features in the day to day practice of clinical negligence lawyers. As the claims fall outside of the jurisdiction of coroners and the Law Reform (Miscellaneous) Provisions Act 1934 and the Fatal Accidents Act 1976 they involve many pitfalls for the untrained or inexperienced.
The webinar will seek to take the listener through the legal basis for these claims and how they can be effectively litigated.
It will cover the following areas:
- Client care issues: what is a still-birth and how does it impact on those who experience it?
- Understanding the legal framework surrounding still birth, the applicable jurisdictions and those that do not apply
- Still-birth and the coroner
- The mother’s claim for damages
- The mother’s claim for psychiatric injury
- Claims on behalf of secondary victims for psychiatric injury following still birth
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.