"Webinars are excellent to keep up to date with current changes, time and money saving"
This webinar follows on from part one of the series (click here to book)
It will focus on the reach of informed consent into therapeutic research, diagnostics and investigations and its practical implications, informed by a litigation case study.
It will cover:
- Consent in the context of therapeutic research:
- the distinction between "medical treatment" and “research"
- Information disclosure and the appropriate standard for consenting
- The counselling process for diagnostics and investigations:
- Whether medical investigations to detect, diagnose or monitor disease processes (such as MRIs, X-rays, CT scans, biopsies, pregnancy tests, results from physical examinations) are covered by the Montgomery duty
- Litigation case study - An analysis of a real case where a claimant was the subject of two concurrently run clinical trials and was not consented adequately in respect of the trials
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.