This webinar looks at the preparation of the schedule, evidence and case in relation to damages for personal injury. It looks at the case law and covers:
- What is a claimant being compensated for?
- What factors affect the award for pain and suffering?
- Does the age of the claimant matter?
- How should pain and suffering be presented in the Schedule?
- Can the claimant simply rely on the medical evidence in presenting their claim for injury?
- What factors are going to affect the award for pain and suffering?
- The court's approach to multiple injuries
This webinar also looks at general damages for whiplash following the implementation of the Civil Liability act 2018 with a particular emphasis on how the courts are likely to approach multiple injuries when "whiplash" is an element of the claim.
This series goes through each major element of a claim for damages, looking at how they should be presented in the schedule of damages coupled with the evidence needed to prove each element of the claim.
The series can be viewed as a whole but each webinar is self-contained looking at a particular element of the claim, how it is established by evidence and how it is presented in the schedule of damages. Emphasis is placed on ensuring the claim is presented accurately and on avoiding both under-valuing the claim and allegations of exaggeration.
This webinar is part of a six session series and further webinars in the series include:
Pain and suffering
Loss of earnings
Accommodation and appliance claims
Periodical payments and provisional damages
Dealing with the counter-schedule and counter-arguments in relation to damages
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.