Lessons for all litigators to learn
"Very useful indeed. I am currently fighting on a case where I "took my eye off the ball" and Mr Exall's advice is helpful"
Master McCloud once observed that every year there is a seasonal rush of “dry and unlovely crop of procedural service issues”.
Every litigator, claimant and defendant, has to be fully aware of issues relating to service of the claim form.
This webinar looks at the key cases in relation to service issues over the previous 12 months. It will assist litigators in recognising, and avoid, problem areas in an area that regularly causes major problems.
Cases to be covered include:
- Ideal Shipping – the dangers of serving an unsealed claim form.
- Boxwood Leisure – defective service, failure to serve the claim form and the impossibility of putting things right.
- Johnson -v- Berentzen – a lesson about service, limitation and Scottish law
- The Good Law Project – service one day late was fatal to the action
- Tiger Falkirk Ltd – incorrect service on a solicitor led to failure in an £10 million claim
- ABC – the dangers of the Electronic Working System
- London Borough of Ealing – service of a claim form cannot be relegated to a matter of “paperwork”
- Qatar Investments - court set aside extension of time for service, claimant's appeal refused
This webinar will look at the issues arising from each case and examine, by use of checklists and simple guides, how problems with service of the claim form can be avoided.
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.