"100% of the feedback received for Gordon's last webinar, marked it as "excellent""
Making sure that the budget is, and remains, correct is an important part of a litigator’s job. Knowing when and how a budget can be varied is an essential skill.
This webinar looks at the law, practice and procedure in relation to applying to vary a costs budget. It looks at the rules, the precedents and the significant cases that govern applications to vary costs budgets.
- The relevant rules
- What is a “significant development”
- What kind of “significant development” merits a variation to the budget
- Why it is essential that an application is made promptly – promptness is a mandatory prerequisite
- When does the revised budget start from
- Why the court won’t budget retrospectively
- Persuading the court to exercise its discretion
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.