"Very enjoyable, engaging speaker, detailed materials and a lot of useful information"
To tackle ongoing uncertainty, and with everyone’s health and safety at heart, all APIL conferences, courses, and group meetings will be virtual to the end of 2020.
This course will bring you fully up-to-date on all the important developments clinical practitioners need to know about in 2020.
Like APIL’s hugely popular “PI update” series, but designed specifically for clinical negligence lawyers, this full one-day course will include:
- Weather report: the latest on procedural, costs and other reforms along with tips and tactics
- Breach of duty: issues and themes from recent judgments
- Psychiatric injury: what constitutes a “shocking event” in a clinical negligence claim
- Causation: the latest on the various ways in which causation can be established
- Quantum: use of the Ogden Tables for future loss of earnings, accommodation claims and other issues from recent judgments
- Procedure: service, case/costs management, expert evidence, sanctions and traps
- Costs and funding: Part 36, indemnity costs, hourly rates and related topics
“Please note that registrations are for individual delegates only. Delegates will be sent a unique link for the event which must not be shared.