It is important to understand when a Claimant may be entitled to seek, or be at risk of, indemnity costs – also what that will mean, particularly where costs are fixed, budgeted or capped.
The Court of Appeal has recently given guidance in Lejonvarn –v- Burgess  EWCA Civ 114 which looks at a range of related issues which this webinar will explore including:
- The difference between assessed costs and fixed costs (with a reminder of when fixed costs will, and will not, apply)
- The difference, on assessment, between the standard basis and the indemnity basis
- When will the Court be likely to award indemnity costs, for either party, under Part 44
- When is the Claimant entitled to indemnity costs under Part 36
- Is the Defendant entitled to indemnity costs under Part 36
- Exceptionality and indemnity costs with fixed costs
- Indemnity costs with budgeted and capped costs
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.