This webinar provides guidance on issues of insolvency for the personal injury practitioner. It looks at the position when the claimant is bankrupt, or subject to the insolvency provisions and then looks at the problems of pursuing insolvent defendants.
- What is the position when the claimant is bankrupt: who “owns” the damages and who can bring the action?
- Avoiding striking out
- Practical steps that can be taken when the claimant is bankrupt
- What is the position when a carer is bankrupt?
- The steps you need to take when proceeding against a bankrupt defendant
- The steps you need to take when proceeding against an insolvent company
- Bypassing the problem – when can you sue an insurer directly?
New Listen on the go - download training as audio only (mp3), for all new webinars & on-demand training.
All people registered for live webinars will automatically be emailed details to view the on-demand learining following the webinar, whether you view live or not. Webinar recordings are available to view for up to six months.